Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Of skies and you

I wake up and I smell coffee beans. A mocha latte is alluring.

Why is it that one wakes up early on holidays and weekends but struggles on a working morning? Today looks like a lesser of a sunny day than the previous days. Clouds seem to appear gray; definitely an overcast sky.

The past pretty bright sunshiny (need I emphasize more?) two days were prolonged by overcast gray skies in this newfound place I'm in.

You sent me to that place of rainbows and songs; Of starry nights and warm bodies; Of shared laughter and spontaneous explorations; Of tensed meetings and simultaneous orgasms. Two nights of the quest for paradise lost was later found. Two minds meeting in limbo were sent back to where they came from. Two cold, shivering dusks 'til dawns were obscured by intense heat from our joined skins.

I went through the confusion between hot and cold, dark and bright, right and wrong, sunny and overcast, on those two short days and nights. I died and was born in your sweet limited love. I reached the tops of the tallest mountains as we trekked them together. Your body in mine, guiding me, holding me, tightly embracing me to keep me from falling. And as I reached those heights you didn't let go, but instead rejoiced in our prized goal. You hid in my cloak. Obediently, I draped you. As you passionately entered my dark world, I unabashedly sheltered you.

Two days of seeing the sun set at dusk, and hesitantly meeting each dawn, two lovers were formed. Two days of bright and overcast skies, a mysteriously beautiful friendship was born.

However gray the skies are today, as I imagine your blue-sky smile, my wonderment of life will not cease. Instead I come alive to confront each struggling day.

I will never forget the paths of our journeys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home