Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Of men and truffles

My day started pretty good, and it kinda got stuck.. the pretty good part. Until now.

Why do men yell at their wives? Why do wives yell at their husbands? Why all the yelling in front of the kids? Are we blind? Or are we just so selfish, thoughtless, and abusive as human beings? Do we really have to resort to therapies and popping anti-depressants so we can take control of our emotions? Why are we so angry at the ones closest to us?

I understand the complex human being because I am one. I do like to think I take in life's lessons day by day, or at every situation that promotes heavy contemplating. And yes, we are human beings capable of making irrational arguments. We are all guilty of that. But we can't expect to be acting like loonies everytime we raise a point with a partner/spouse/parent... etc. At some point, one calms down and actually listens. As intelligent, educated mature people, we digest every word. We point out reasons instead of making excuses. At 40 years old you are no longer expected to pout and sulk and say, "fine! you hurt my feelings!" just because you ran out of arguments. Emotional blackmail is so low. Even for pitiful cute women. Women though actually get away with that antic! They do it to their sucker boyfriends because these such sweet and loving men or husbands just bleed everytime they see their poor beloved crying and so vulnerable.

However... a man is not normally known to make a face, although he is more popular to retort (after he's ran out of excuses) such as, "well fuck you... you don't even respect me!" Duhhhh! How friggin cheap! I can't say I've been there, done them shit, but I came to a point where I have ALMOST lost my entire faith in men....

Then from nowhere, without venturing, I met a man. He tells me he can be a dickhead everytime he hears me praise him. He wants me to believe that he is not the "great guy" I describe him to be. But I strongly disagree with him. I met this stranger out of the blue. He could have gotten away with lies that would make his chances actually better (in hooking up with sexy girls), but he had to be a man of honor. He had to be honest. Now how the hell can that be possible? If you want to get laid, you lie - especially if you're married. But how the heck can you turn a woman on if you told her you're married and that you loved your wife dearly? Tell me if that make sense or what?

I try to find answers to that one. Hmmm. Maybe that's the strategy. I don't think so, especially if you're a novice in the extra-marital dating scene. Maybe a dumb dickhead? NOT! He's got graduate degrees and freelances as a magazine writer. In other words (duhh) he is brilliant! Anyone would know that if you write, you are expressive. And if you are expressive, you pour your thoughts and knowledge into a piece so you can share that knowledge. Right?

Swish! Eliminate dumbdickhead. So what's left on our multiple choice question?

Under some weird leap of fate (pun intended) I hooked up with this guy. Mentally at first, later on progressing to a physical contact. I had to test the waters, my scientific hypothesis still in mind. I became more and more drawn to him, then "taken" - the word he actually used - by him. I couldn't help it. This is one of those decadent luxuries you simply cannot say 'NO' to. And boy, was he decadent! Talk about the truffles of men. I had to be the gourmand to try this sweet flavor, no matter what.

Which brings me back to where I started. Are men distinct from each other? Do they belong to the same species or alien form from Mars? Are they categorized according to age, status, upbringing, values, morality, etc? Are they in classifications under married, divorced, single, gigolo, unexperienced, desperately married, desperately single, frustrated, dickwad-husbands, hen-pecked husbands, suckers, mama's-boys, etc etc etc??? Who knows!

But, ahh, the mysteries of MEN kind.... I'm glad I'm a woman, but I'm not glad I have to figure men out. In the meantime... I only want to love them, and I know I can't live without them... therefore I will continue to live life as the contrast, cute, and vulnerable woman all put together...

pout, pout, sulk, sulk... :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home