Wednesday, March 24, 2004

From consistency to sick needs

I try to make it a point to blog everyday. I really want to get into a real hobby, or habit – a good one at that – and be CONSISTENT. My significant word for today.

CONSISTENCY. Preferably, for me to use it as a noun than an adjective, it is defined as a harmonious uniformity, reliability, or agreement of successive results or events. A logical coherence to serve a principle or a purpose.

My lover slash friend and I talked about this today and how I wanted this characteristic applied to our unique and unconventional relationship. I told him I want consistency. He asked me of course what I meant by it. But while asking me that question, he had already assumed (or guessed) differently. He didn’t quite get the meaning of my wont, but I somehow expected it would be misinterpreted. Men easily assume and get sort of defensive (uh-oh I hope I don’t get crucified for saying this). Notably my new friend, an exemplar family man, in our early acquaintance had clearly told me of his firsthand priorities. Needless to say, I will never be the first choice - which to me is sensible and understandable. Regardless, I made him recognize the value of how his consistency would be gratifying to our relationship and to me. After all, I am his "special friend.” And so, our discussion about my needs ended amicably.

Let's be consistent. We do not fail in our regularities. Practice good habits. Need it end, break it to me; just don't evaporate into thin air.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

While most people won't nod at my unconventional ways, ultimately, it is still my call. To put myself in a situation, or a predicament such as this can only constitute heartbreak and a tragic end to the connection we would initially establish (and in this case - have already done so). So you ask, why do it, duh?

It is because I have needs. Selfish, impossible or otherwise, they are still legitimate needs. A person comments that I am traversing on a dangerous path. (Well, not exactly those words in effect, but along those lines.) She opines I want to embark on this assignation (again, not her precise words – but I like to play with my own) to fulfill my sick needs (these are her words now).

Sick or not (NOT, in my belief) I made damn sure I realized those needs. One can only fill her cup if she would want it filled. She would want it filled because she is thirsty. Doesn't that make sense? In simpler terms, if you have a need and you certainly know where and how to obtain it, I say, "Go get it!" Whether or not your methods are appropriate or questionably pure, the desires cannot be labeled ‘sick’. But that's another topic to discuss (maybe next time)

As far as I'm concerned, the politically (mentally?) incorrect phrase, "sick needs" ought to be rearticulated.

Call me sick but don’t call my needs sick…. after all, I only happen to be a living thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home