Saturday, April 03, 2004

Strange Season

Spring started more than a week, yet since its arrival we've had ten inches of snow with temperatures that can certainly ruin my enthusiasm for the season's true colors. Heavy freezing rainfall followed suit turning that white blanket to muddy slush; and just as I was feeling hope for dry land, this time, little spheres of ice were sprinkled on us by the gods of the heavens. But like a prankster's joke, the brief shower of hail melted halfway towards its descent to our earth. More rain. Then sometime one midnight, I heard thunderous voices as whirlwinds began to circle and blow. The power of the winds were strong enough for me to feel the house shake. Then as the dawn broke the next day, a strange light hit my sleeping eyes. And there it was peeking through my satin curtains, spring sunshine early in the morning!

Spring is here
Why doesn't the breeze delight me
Stars appear
Why doesn't the night invite me
But maybe it's because nobody loves me
Spring is here i hear
Somebody told me spring is here

- Nina Simone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home